closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

Andy Smithson: Venom of the Serpent's Cunning, Book 2 - L. R. W. Lee

The cover is definitely adventurous, and I think it will attract boys who love adventure and slaying beasts :)

I bought this book back in July, and I really enjoyed the new adventure that Andy and his friends went on.  This book had all sorts of mysteries and puzzles to solve.  Action galore for boys who are imaginative and like to pretend that stick in the yard is a sword, and they are slaying a beast to protect all.  As an adult, I found a few of the parts a little boring, but I think my son would love this book as well as many other reluctant readers who love their video game adventures.

L.R.W. does a wonderful job engaging the reader in the story.  She is very descriptive making it easy to picture what is happening in your mind as you read.  I think this next book is going to be my favorite, and I can’t wait to start reading it.  One day, I will get this book and the next in paperback to share in my classroom library with my adventure seeking students.

I recommend this series to adventurous souls who love keeping the bad guys at bay with their swords especially if you love using your imagination.  If you read book 1, you definitely need to keep reading.  Off to read book 3 now :)