closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

Unholy Alliance - Lacy Yager, Haley Yager

I have this book in ebook both as a stand alone and boxed set, and I won an audiobook copy through a multi-author giveaway to get through Audible.

The cover seems to have gone through several versions, but several seem to have the same green eyed cover model which I really like.  I have a thing with book covers have stunning eyes and the green eyes definitely fit and grab my attention.

My son and I listened to the audiobook on the way to and from school every day.  With this book, I wished I had a longer drive to work, so I could listen more, but I survived having to wait each day.

I really like the main character Maggie because she was kick butt and had awesome personal morals and values that she stuck by.  She didn’t put up with garbage and fights for what she believes in.  Her best friend Hannah is pretty cool.  I like the kid character Chloe too :)  Shane starts out being someone I’d like to slap, but he turns it around in the end.  This book is action packed, and we definitely enjoyed it.  I think the end was a little abrupt, and my son has very strong feelings about the ending.  There are a lot of new issues for the characters that pop up at the end that are unresolved and really bugged my son that he didn’t have immediate answers.  We are starting Rival tomorrow :)

The narrator did a fantastic job, and I easily connected with the story.

I think this would be an awesome series to get in paperback for my classroom to share with my students, but it will be awhile before I can afford to do so.  I definitely recommend this series to paranormal fans especially if you like TV shows like Buffy, Angel, and Charmed.