closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

The Magic of Inherian: Scepter of Salvation, Book 1 - Terry Spear

***Received a code from the author to listen to and review the audio version of the book

The cover is old world and awesome :)  I totally love the dress and the gorgeous horse.

Terry Spear is one of my favorite paranormal authors.  I am totally in love with every shifter book I’ve ever read written by her.  It is only in the last few months that I found out she also writes young adult books.  And it is awesome :)  My son is turning into a Terry fan too!  We listen to YA audiobooks in the car together on our way to and from school every week day.  My son loves books, but he is not the strongest reader.  He loves the fantasy/paranormal genre, but he definitely prefers audiobooks because he doesn’t have to struggle to get an awesome story.  This is not to say that I don’t push him to read too though.  He is working on the Susan Barton system at school to re-train how he thinks for his dyslexia which I hope will help strengthen his reading skills.  It is always good to have lots of options like audiobooks to increase a child’s love of books.

That being said, I think it takes an awesome narrator to make it come alive.  Elizabeth Phillips is one of those narrators.  If I could find social media to link up to her, I would share it out :)  She brought this story to life with all of her voices, and I especially loved her dwarf “Woman!!”  lol it made me laugh every time.

Of course a fabulous narrator is only one part of it!  The story has to be there too!!  And Terry knocked it out of the park with this book.  Lots of action, and characters overcoming the stereotypes that people have put on them just because they are women.  I really did love the trio of ladies who are the main characters and of course our gruff dwarf who made me chuckle a lot.  I loved that my son listened to this and that he sees that you should not judge someone just because others think they can’t do something based on size, gender, or whatever.

This is another great series that I want to add to my classroom library.  It does mention the word breast, but there is not anything that is not appropriate for high school students.