closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

The Winged Fae - Terry Spear

***Received a code from the author to listen to and review the audio version of the book

The cover is beautiful, and I think the Fae is beautiful with her wings.  If I saw the book cover, I would be grabbing it to check out what it is about.  I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but I always find myself bypassing books where a cover doesn’t grab me as interesting (don’t tell me you don’t do it…we all do it a little ;)!!)

This is the 3rd book in the series, and I’ve listened to all of them in the car with my son.  This one brings back some of our favorite characters from book 1, so my son was very happy.  He really loves this series.  I love it too!  I really want to add this series to my classroom library to share with my high school students.  They tend to get limited exposure through school libraries because of funding issues.  So I recommend to anyone who finishes a YA book who doesn’t plan on reading it again, if you love it, share it with your local school library or public library to promote great stories and help grow a new generation of book lovers :)

One thing I love about Terry Spear is when she has a narrator for her series, she sticks with that narrator.  I think it makes a big difference because you don’t have to get used to a new narrator for a series you are listening to.  Jeanne Whitehouse is a fantastic narrator.  I love when a narrator brings the story to life for you with different voices and doesn’t sound monotone.  I think this is the reason that most students hate listening to the audio version of books in the classroom because most of the narration I heard was from a boring narrator.  If you can’t engage them through fun narration just have them read it themselves.

Terry writes an awesome story, and her words make the story come alive.  I could picture everything happening.  Serena is fun and won’t back down when she believes in something.  She also goes out of her way for someone when she believes in them.  Niall is protective and sticks with his heart even if it could get him into major trouble.

I highly recommend this series for teens who love the Fae and to anyone who loves Terry’s books.  I can’t wait to get more of this series :)