closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

The Mage of Monrovia - Terry Spear

***Received a code from the author to listen to and review the audio version of the book

The cover is breath-taking.  I love it!!  It feels old world, the dress is stunning and overall it feels magical :)

I really love this series.  This book’s focus is more on Mexia, but all of the characters that I loved from book 1 are here with the exception of Princess Talamaya’s betroved.  Mexia is strong and fierce and won’t back down or be held against her own will.  I love how smart and resourceful she is to get out of all the trouble that finds her.  There are even a few new characters.  Though I think I would slapped Mexia’s prince quite a few times throughout the story.  He redeems himself in the end at least in my eyes :)

My son loved all the adventure and our favorite gruff dwarf.  We both loved that it was the same fabulous narrator :)  She really brings all of the characters to life for us.  Of course, it all ended way to quickly, and book 3 isn’t out yet.  I do hope we don’t have to wait long to see what happens next to the group.

I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves strong female characters who help any they meet especially if you love Terry Spear already :)