closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

The Shadow Elf - Terry Spear, Maria Hunter Welles

***Received a code from the author to listen to and review the audio version of the book

The cover is stunning, but it doesn’t really scream from space.  It seems magical, but nothing grabs my attention.

This is another audiobook that I listened to with my son in the car.  It was very unexpected.  I did not read the blurb before listening to this book.  I was expecting something like the World of Fae but with Elves.  I was so wrong, but it really worked.

It took a while for me to really connect with the characters, but I think it is because it was a new world with unexpected twists.  I was initially a little lost, but it did become more clear as you went what was going on.  I think this is like Star Trek meets a Fae realm.  It is a really cool idea.  I’m wondering if there will be more of either the Elven World or of the Overseers.  I will admit though as of right now I’d still want to slap the Overseers, but you will have to read or listen to see why.

Persephonice starts out kind of fragile with grief, but she becomes strong, and I really loved her as a character.  She encounters so much trouble and overcomes all the stereotypes that she has been filled with out races who are full of passion.

Dracolin is a fierce warrior, and he is not sure why he is so drawn to Persephonice.  There is lots of adventure and several men who need to be slapped, but it was a very enjoyable story :)  I think if this is a series, it will only get better :)

Maria is a new narrator for me, and she did take some time getting used to her style.  Once you get used to it, she is a very good narrator.  I’m definitely going to listen to more of her stuff especially if it is written by Terry Spear.

I recommend this story to all the Terry Spear fans out there especially if you want a unique story :)