closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

For adventurous souls, grab your swords!!!

Dawn of Hope: Andy Smithson Omnibus Books One, Two, and Three - L. R. W. Lee

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!
***I own Book 1 & 2, and I was given Book 3 in exchange for an honest review

Book1
Okay when I started reading this book, I was confused as to what was going on which made it a little slow for me. Of course, the confusion quickly cleared up. I definitely found myself chuckling thinking my son would love this book. Ah, who knew a fart could be so useful….lol Totally my son’s sense of humor. While I know this book is a middle grade book, I think most boys would find amusement and adventure in this book.

As a parent, I love that it brings up issues of truth, honesty, integrity, and perseverance. These are all things that tend to be difficult to teach our children, and I think the book does a fabulous job illustrating them. I think I’m definitely going to have my son read this book or read it with him in the future.

Andy and Alden are great characters and are easily relatable to readers. Definitely plenty of adventure, and I can’t wait to start the next book. I think this series will only get better with each book.

Book2
I bought this book back in July, and I really enjoyed the new adventure that Andy and his friends went on. This book had all sorts of mysteries and puzzles to solve. Action galore for boys who are imaginative and like to pretend that stick in the yard is a sword, and they are slaying a beast to protect all. As an adult, I found a few of the parts a little boring, but I think my son would love this book as well as many other reluctant readers who love their video game adventures.

L.R.W. does a wonderful job engaging the reader in the story. She is very descriptive making it easy to picture what is happening in your mind as you read. I think this next book is going to be my favorite, and I can’t wait to start reading it. One day, I will get this book and the next in paperback to share in my classroom library with my adventure seeking students.

Book3
Okay, this world just keeps getting better, and this book rocked :) Everything just worked for me, and I wished I could have read it straight through, but life had other plans. The only problem was that it ended, and I wasn’t ready for it to :( Now I have to wait, and as I’ve said before, I’m no good at waiting. I hope I don’t have to wait long.

It was non-stop action and unicorns to boot; I was in heaven :) I love how L.R.W. builds in life lessons and the struggles real life struggles even in this fantasy world. Andy is an awesome hero, and all of his friends rock :) I can’t wait to see what L.R.W. cooks up next in the series. It amazes me the creativity and imagination that an author has inside them. I know my reviews are not like other people’s review because I won’t tell you things that happen because I think the journey is part of the awesomeness and can’t take that from you. Andy meets some new people on his journey and encounters all sorts of trouble along the way.

I definitely plan to get this book for my classroom library because I think everyone can find enjoyment in this series. I need to make my son read it too (though audiobook would be better for him since reading isn’t his strong suit.)

I recommend this book to any boys who are adventurous souls & love keeping the bad guys at bay with their swords, dragons, puzzles, and those who find humor in a fart (this alone will attract my son).