closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

Salted - Aaron Galvin

The cover is beautiful!  I love that it is simply a seal in the water :)

I stumbled onto this book and thought it sounded cool, so I bought it.  The author contacted me about a week later asking if I wanted a review copy.  I explained that I already bought it, and I would definitely review it once I read it.  :)  Of course, the rest of you are lucky, it is FREE now :)

This story is really amazing and creative.  Being able to write is amazing all by itself, but wow!!  When I started reading, I will admit that I was a little lost.  I’m not sure what caused my confusion exactly, but I think it was switching perspectives while I was still trying to figure out this new and unusual world.  Everything did clear up, and this world is awesome.

This book has so much going on with slavery, bullying, camaraderie, friendships, murder, and even kindness mixed into the harshness.  Lenny is a fair amount of good mixed into the bad like most real people.  I really like his snarky attitude as well as his friends.  I really don’t want to give anything away, but I like Garrett, Chidi, Lenny and his crew.  Oscar is rotten and spoiled; he is pretentious and thinks he is entitled.

This is a fantastic first book in a series, and I really think it going to get better and better :)  I have already bought book 2 because I want to know what happens next, so be watching for that review in the future :)

I recommend this book to the ocean dreamers who believe in underwater fantasies especially if you are into ocean shifters :)  I can’t wait to read more of this world :)  It is free, so what are you waiting for :)