closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 3.5 out of 5 Unicorns - I more than liked it!!!

Blades of Magic - Terah Edun

***Received the audiobook  as part of the tour for an honest review, but I do own the ebook :)

The cover is cool because she is looking fierce with her blade on her back, but nothing really grabs my attention aside from that.

This review is one of the tough ones for me because in the beginning the story was slow, and I think because I listened to the audiobook, it helped me get through those slow parts.  The book was awesome at the end.  There is lots of fighting, magic, and action throughout just tons towards the end.  The slowness is something I personally tend to struggle with when I start a new series because it takes time to develop a new world, background, and characters.

The narrator is a new one for me, and I’m not sure what I think of her style.  She is okay, but not anything remarkable though.  She may grow on me in the future I just need to hear more to decide what I think of her.

Sara is a fierce female lead who kicks butts and takes heads (literally).  This is a new and unique world that I haven’t seen before.  I really think this book is setting the series up to continue and get better and better especially the next book :)

I think this book will be enjoyed by readers who enjoy sword wielding heroes who also have magic.