closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

Tommy Black and the Staff of Light (Volume 1) - Jake Kerr

***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review via StoryCartel

The cover is definitely relevant to the story though I can’t say that anything grabs my attention if I saw it on a book shelf, but this is my opinion :)

I really enjoyed this story, and it has a lot of messages mixed in that nicely mixed in and not forced.  I think Jake’s writing style makes it easy to picture everything in your mind while you read.  It has some great information on Persia as well as some terms that are Persian if you want to learn :)

This book has magic, fighting, magical creatures, and stories within the story.  I really like Tommy as a main character.  He follows his heart, and I love that he is not cruel.  He fights for what is right even when everyone else tells him he can’t or to give up.  He is kind to all creatures even when others tell him they are mindless or not worth his time.

This book would be a fabulous addition to my classroom when I can afford to add it :)  I think anyone with an adventurous boy who likes action, magic, and reading would enjoy reading this book.  I think it is a great fit for kids around 14 years old, but any adult who loves this type of kid action adventure would enjoy it too.