closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 3.5 out of 5 Unicorns - I more than liked it!!!

Of Poseidon - Anna Banks

***Picked up the audiobook through the SYNC program over the summer

The cover doesn’t do much for me, but it is just me because there is nothing that grabs my attention…I like eyes :)

This is my first book by Anna Banks, and it definitely left me wanting more at the end :)  She is very descriptive and has mystery and intrigue entwined in her story.

In the beginning, I really wanted to slap Galen and the other Syrena, but they redeemed themselves and I want more now :)  I feel really bad for Emma and everything she is dealt.  My heart was breaking for her several times.  Being the first book in the series, it was a little slow at times for me, but this happens with me at least when new worlds and characters are introduced before you are connected into their story and lives.  This book had a range of emotions, and while it comes to a conclusion, it majorly left me hanging and wanting the next book.  I won’t tell you what because it is not my job to ruin it for you just to share my thoughts and help you see if this book is for you.  I do not restate the blurb in my review because if you wanted to know, you read it already ;)

This was my first time listening to anything narrated by Rebecca Gibel, and I will definitely be listening to more especially since I already have both of the next books in this series and they are narrated by Rebecca as well.  I love when there is consistence with audiobooks if the narrator is good :)

I recommend this story to fans of teen ocean fiction and mermaid like shifters :)