closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

Lion in Wait (Alpha Lion Paranormal Shifter Romance) - Lynn Red

***Received the ebook for an honest review

The cover is awesome and would totally attract me to it, but I’m partial to the sexy beast and the lion too!  ;)

Of course this is an adult book because it has some steamy scenes :)  It is about 110 or so pages and a quick read :)  over before I wanted it to be!

I decided to read this today because I wanted a shorter read, and Lynn did not disappoint with a great story as always :)  The female lead Cassiopeia made me chuckle because my mom told me that is what my dad wanted to name me if he was allowed….lol and my sister would have been Genevieve or Guinevere.  My mom hates her name, so she wouldn’t let us be named anything weird or old.  Sorry sidetracked :)

Okay back to Cass as she is nicknamed in the story, she has some strength to her, but she lives in fear…of…well living her life.  She hides from everyone but Lex :)  Lex is also hiding in the form of a Lion.  This story seems different than most of the stories I have read by Lynn, and it was great.  I can’t put in words how it seems different, but maybe because it is just a book on its own instead of a series.  It is an HEA book meaning Happily Ever After for anyone who hasn’t seen that before :)  It was a story that had me smiling lot, wanting Lex to bite people at times, and just happy reading it.

Lynn always does a fantastic job with her writing so that you can picture everything as you go along in your imagination.  I kind of wish that Cass and Lex would have ended up in Jamesburg where they could just be and maybe make a cameo in another book so we can get an update or go visiting family ;)

I recommend this book to Lynn Red fans of course (because you can’t miss this one!!) and especially to my shifter friends (you know who you are!!)