closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

Red The Were Hunter - Rebekah R. Ganiere

***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review, but I am buying it as soon as I get paid :)

The cover is subdued, but intriguing all at the same time.

This is the first book I’ve read by Rebekah, and I’m definitely going to be reading more in the future especially in this series that I’m now hooked on :)  Rebekah builds a wonderful world full of intrigue, prophesies, and in need of healing.  I love the undercurrent of the fairytale Little Red Riding Hood!  And I see the same undercurrent is probably in book 2 as well :)

When I first started reading the book, I was disconnected.  I’m not sure if it was just getting to know the new author’s style or building the new world.  This happens for me sometimes, but I’m definitely quite taken with this series and plan to read more.  Red is this amazingly strong woman, but she has blinders on so to speak.  She is definitely stubborn and so much so I was yelling at her in my mind while I was reading several times.  Adrian is sexy and just as stubborn but haunted by his family’s past misdeeds.  By the end, I was totally on Red and Adrian’s side, and I hope I will see more of them in the series because I become attached to my characters and like to see them in the rest of the series even though I know they will not be the focus of the book :)  I’m going to have to get my hands on book 2 very soon :)

I recommend this book to paranormal fans of shifters and vampires and to anyone who loves to see new stories evolve from very old fairytales :)