closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - Freeing the Beast by Tina Donahue (Taming the Beast #1)

Freeing the Beast (Taming the Beast) - Tina Donahue

My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 Unicorns - I liked it!!!

***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review

The cover is pretty, but they made it like she wasn’t a real red head with the hair color and her eyebrows.  While it mildly hints at paranormal, nothing grabs my attention.

This is about 150 pages which I think is considered a novella, but I’m not sure where the cutoff is.  This is an adult only book at there are some very steamy scenes.

I liked this book, but it did not have the action I was hoping would be mixed in.  It is the drama of dating when you have baggage from your past.  I liked Becca and Eric, but I think I found it easier to connect with her friends.  I do sometimes have trouble connecting in the first book in a series, and I think I will definitely read book 2 to see where the series goes and what happens next :)

Tina does a fabulous job in her writing and is an easy read.  This is my first time reading her work, so I will definitely be checking out more in the future of her paranormal work :)

I recommend this book to romance readers who love the drama involved with dating and the baggage they bring with them :)