closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - Homeward by Kallysten (Ward of the Vampire #5)

Homeward - Kallysten

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 unicorns - I really liked it!!!

The cover is beautiful with the red orchids, but it does not have anything that screams paranormal or that I should grab this book.  Of course it would be a mistake to judge this book by its cover because it is the perfect conclusion to this serial series.

When I started this series in February of 2013, it was before I knew what a serial series was.  Kallysten was kind enough to share it with me, and I have bought most of the series, but for whatever reason, I never knew the conclusion was out.  I stumbled onto it and bought it back in November.  This is a complete serial series meaning you can buy the whole thing no waiting for the next part.  This of course is for adults only because it does have quite a few steamy scenes.

I probably should have gone back and read the whole thing at once since it has been more than a year since I read book 4, but I didn’t :)  Kally easily sucked me back into the lives of Angelina and Morgan.  There is not action in this serial, but there is lots of drama and tension and threats of violence.  She does a fabulous job making this story come alive where you can feel the characters pain, fear, and torment.  This was the perfect ending to the serial though I had my doubts it was going to happen while reading.

I recommend this to fans of vampire romance who don’t mind when it comes in the form of a serial :)