closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - The Alpha's Curvy Mate by Alex Anders (Packed: Ascension #1)

The Alpha's Curvy Mate (Paranormal BBW Shape Shifter Romance) (Packed: Ascension Book 1) - Alex Anders

My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 Unicorns - I liked it!!!

***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review

The cover is absolutely awesome :)  I love it, and it definitely calls to me :)

This is a new author for me.  This is a novella series and the first book.  This is for adults only with the sexual content even though initially it does give you the impression of YA with Salome’s innocence.

I liked this story.  I did have trouble connecting, but I find this is usually a thing for me when I first read a new author and new series.  Sometimes, I find it is better to start in the middle of a series and be pulled in to go back and read the first books to connect better.  I guess I’m just weird :)  The building of the new world sometimes causes my disconnects in the world making things seem boring when really they are not.  While I like Salome, I just not sure what to think about everyone else.  I want to like Rex, but I’m not sure that I’m there yet.  Maybe it is because he lets others control him, but I’m not sure.  This shifter world seems more violent and animalistic than most I read about, but I don’t know if this is a permanent thing in this world or something Rex will change.  I definitely want to read the next book to see what happens next, if these characters grow on me, and if Rex grows a permanent backbone.  I do have a few other of Alex’s books, so I think I’m going to read those too, so I can get used to his style of writing.  Is it weird that most of the romance I read is written by women?

I think if you enjoy more violent shifter worlds where the beast rules that you would definitely enjoy this book :)