closkot

Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - Peter and the Sword of Mercy by Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson

Peter and the Sword of Mercy  - Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson, Greg Call

My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I liked it!!!

***Borrowed the audiobook CD’s from the library

The cover is definitely Peter Pan-ish and makes you think of magical adventures.

This is the 4th book in the series, and while I loved listening to it with my son, it was not my favorite.  I think I really liked Molly and Peter together, so it was weird having it be her daughter…at least for me.

It is another fantastical adventure for Peter and he makes some new friends and reunites with some old friends both figuratively and literally.  This book had more darkness and pain making it a lot darker than the first 3 books.  I definitely think this is for older middle to high school students with the torture aspect of this book.

Peter seemed like he got younger and more selfish in this book than the invincible boy who wouldn’t let anything stop him which might be why this one wasn’t my favorite and had my son looking at me asking Why??

We both really wanted to listen to the 5th book, but the library does not have it, so I’m not sure if or when we will get to listen to it, so after months of listening to this series, we will have to find a new series now :)

I recommend this story to those who liked that rest of the series and don’t mind when characters change :)