closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2)

The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!!

***Borrowed the audiobook from the local library and I have a copy in paperback of the whole series :)

There several covers that have been released for this book, and I think they are all pretty cool and attract people to pick up the books :)

My son and I listened to this book in the car together on our daily drive to and from school.  I love that the same narrator was used for this book because he really does a phenomenal job with all his voices, tones, and the animation that he gives every character just makes it come alive.

This book is soooo much better than the movie especially Tyson’s character, but I do not want to give anything away.  Of course, there is a ton of action and adventure for Percy, Annabeth, and Grover.  There are always lessons of morality, honor, and integrity built in that makes me love this series even more.  Rick Riordan has amazing creativity and his writing skills are awesome because his words create an instant movie in my mind with his descriptions and complex plot lines.  There is also so much going on that keeps you sucked into the story that you never want to stop reading or listening.  This is a great book for all ages.

I highly recommend if you and your family go on a road trip that you listen to this series while you drive because it is sooo much better than listening to music and might help your kids see how awesome books can be and that reading them is not the only way to enjoy them.  On to book 3 for my son and I!!!