closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Audiobook Review - The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore (Lorien Legacies #2)

The Power of Six - Pittacus Lore

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

***Borrowed the Playaway from the local library

The cover is again very subdued and gives you no clue to the adventure inside.  Do NOT judge this book by its cover because you will be missing out on a great adventure.

This is the 2nd book in the series, and I borrowed this from our local public library.  Again I listened to this in the car with my son when we traveled to and from school.  He is now so enthralled with audiobooks that he recommends them to anyone who says they don’t like to read.  He loves books but because he struggles with reading, he tended to avoid reading until we started listening to audiobooks together.  It is my hope that one day he will also enjoy reading too, but right now, I’ll take what I can get :)  This is a YA series though it does have some warlike battles and a bit of kissing.

Initially, I was taken aback that the narrator changed, but it is not that the narrator was replaced but another added to the mix.  This is the first audiobook I’ve listened to that had multiple narrators.  I didn’t mind it really because it helped you tell whose perspective the narration was from.  I really like all of the action and information you get in this series while having some mystery and intrigue throughout.  You are never really sure what will happen next, and I love that I can’t predict it.  My son gets just as enthralled and hates when we have to stop listening because we arrive at our destination.  Pittacus Lore does a fantastic job building the world, back stories, and plot to make this a fantastic adventure for all.

I highly recommend taking a break from the radio and listening to this series with your favorite teen!!  Makes for a great discussion and entertainment!