closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - The Cougar's Trade by Holley Trent (Desert Guards #2)

The Cougar's Trade (Desert Guards) - Holley Trent

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review

The cover is similar to book one, but if it is supposed to be Hank on the cover, he looks really young.  I would have liked a cougar on the cover too!

This is book 2 in this series, and it is for adults only due to the content.  I recommend reading book 1 prior to reading book 2 because it mentions what happens in that book.  You should also be aware this is a spin-off series from The Sons of Gulielmus series.  I have not read this series yet, but you may understand more about Ellery if you read this series first, but it is not required.  I have not had the chance yet unfortunately because I definitely want to read them.

This is Hank and Miles story.  Holley Tent does a fantastic job weaving a complex tale that keeps you enthralled in the story.  This story did not have quite as much action as book 1 because it was more about Hank’s emotional baggage.  I like Hank, but I loved him at the end when he ‘woke up’!  Miles is amazing, and I loved her from the start!  I wish I were as put together as her, and I haven’t had to deal with half the stuff she has had to deal with.  I definitely will be continuing to read this series :)

I highly recommend this series to shifter fans especially if you already love Holley Trent because you don’t want to miss this series!