closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Review - Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #2)

Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

***I own this as a hard bound book

The cover is mysterious, but definitely makes me think little red riding hood.

This is the 2nd book in the series.  I highly recommend reading them in order because you will not know the references they are making if you don’t.  This is a YA series, and my students highly recommended it to me.  I own most of the series, but I hadn’t gotten around to reading it until now and I’m hooked :)

At first when I started reading the book, I thought it was going to be only about Scarlet, but I’m happy to say she comes as an addition and Cinder is happily part of this book too!  I love the addition of Scarlet and Wolf to the series.  I’m still not sure what to think of Thorne.  Tons of action in this book, I was pulled into the story and couldn’t put it down.  Scarlet is a fighter, and she definitely has strong opinions.  Wolf is a bit of an enigma, but he seems like he is lost.  I don’t want to give anything away, but you should definitely read this series if you like fairy tales that are remade into something new and amazing.

I highly recommend this series to those of us who believe in magic, fairy tales, and that good can overcome evil…at least I hope it does :)