closkot

D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Salt

Salt - Danielle Ellison My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
**Received the ebook from Entangled Teen for an honest review

The cover is pretty and magical. It definitely catches my eye :)

Okay, I had not read the blurb on this book before I started reading it. I’m always trying to find more YA books to share with my students :) I know when I saw the title that I was thinking what a stupid title for a book as my first impression. You learn really quickly that no it is not, and it is a perfectly fitting title :)

This book grabbed my attention from the first chapter. It is fantastic! I even snarked at my mom on several occasions for interfering with my reading. There is so much action and several mysteries that keep your attention throughout the whole book. This is the first book in the series, and it didn’t have any slowness or boring parts that I usually associate with the first book in a series while you learn all about the wonderful new world an author is creating. Danielle is a new author for me, and I will definitely check out anything else she writes as it comes out.

Penelope is the heroine is this book, and I love everything about her. She is a strong fighter who doesn’t take crap from anyone. I also love the snarky attitude she gives everyone. I don’t like a girl is a pushover, and I love she one who is a fighter.

Carter is the hero, and he totally compliments Penelope. He has his own snark and always pops up at just the right time. The interactions between Penelope and Carter are hysterical and made me laugh a lot.

This book is a highly recommend to all YA paranormal book lovers. LOVED IT!!!