closkot

D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

The Others

The Others - Kristin Bryant My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!

***Ebook gifted to me by author for an honest review

The cover definitely does not grab my attention, is very significant to the story.

Okay when I was asked to review the book, I was very busy and did not pin down when I would read this book. I read the blurb over and over, and it sounded like it would be an okay book. But nothing was grabbing me into wanting to read it next because sometimes you have to be in the mood. Wellllll, I’m an idiot!!! I loved this book, and I stayed up until 2am to finish this book because I couldn’t put it down and not know what happened. This is one of those books that look unremarkable, but don’t be an idiot like me and judge this book before reading it.

This book is amazing!! I’m astounded by how seamlessly Kristin wove Christianity and aliens together in something that seems plausible. The main characters are amazing, and this is like all of us who sometimes struggle with our faith and proof. This book had me crying my eyes out several times, wanting to slap several people, and cheering for successes. This book has civil unrest, tyranny, corruption, murder, faith, love, friends, and so much more.

Reviews are always the hardest part for me because I’m not good with words. They never seem good enough to me, but I sort of throw my hands in the air in frustration and go with what I type. This is why I don’t think I could ever be an author.

Kristin is an amazing writer. I felt like I was part of the story. I have no idea whether this is a going to be a series, but I hope so because I wasn’t completely happy at the end not knowing some things and having some suspicions left. It was completely logical where it ended, but I was silently screaming no at the end because I needed more.

I will keep watching Kristin for more books that I hope will come, and I will keep her in my prayers that she will find her own miracle and beat her cancer once and for all.

I don’t do this often, but I recommend this book to everyone because I think everyone can take something away from reading this book. I’m not sure with the killing and murder that it is appropriate for YA unless they are mature enough to handle it, but definitely NA and up.