closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

The Keeper and the Rune Stone (The Black Ledge Series, #1)

The Keeper and the Rune Stone (The Black Ledge Series, #1) - Paige W. Pendleton, Thomas Block My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 unicorns - I really liked it!!

**Received ebook from the author for an honest review, but I actually already had it on my kindle as a hidden treasure :)

I like to start with the cover, and this cover doesn’t really grab my attention. I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but some covers really intrigue me to read them. Don’t judge this book by its cover because you will miss out on a great adventure!

The book started slowly, but you needed the background and learn about all the characters and the setting. I really enjoyed this story, and I’m glad I read it and can’t wait to read book 2.

My favorite characters are Eleanor because she is feisty but protective and caring. I also really liked Gunnr. He is a hero but also misunderstood. I really hope to see more of him in book 2. Gunnr and Eleanor have chemistry together, but it is mysterious too. Camedon is funny, and I’m sure I will see more of him POPPING in and out in book 2.

The world that Paige creates is wonderful, and I wish I could be aware and have magically adventures like the Driscolls and Charlotte. I can only imagine the conversations I would have with my trouble making cat Twister when he is in the mood to cause trouble.

I really think if you are into adventures in magical realms with Elves, Dwarves, and other mystical creatures that you will enjoy this story. I can’t wait to read book 2, but I have to read a few other books before I can get to it.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with me Paige!!