closkot

D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Untimely

Untimely - L. Wells, J.  Wells My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 unicorns - I liked it.

**Gifted to me by the authors for an honest review

I liked this story and liked Heather & Frankie as characters. This review is hard to write, and I’m not sure why other than I just didn’t get sucked into this story. There is one thing that was a bit inconsistent the first half of the book, and that was Heather & Ruben’s way of speaking. It seems like two different people writing them talking because they would have no accent and then all of a sudden they had a complete change in how they spoke. It went back a forth a few times, and it just didn’t click. This was not a problem the last half of the book. This was the first book in the series, and this could account from some of the lag in my interest because there was not a lot of action which would have drawn me in more. But it is because I like a lot of things going on and being sucked into a fantasy world and this was one was too much like real life. And yes Ruben is a bit of a jerk, and I think he may take after his mum so to speak. I think he was needed part of the story.

My recommendation is that I think someone who enjoys historical or contemporary romance would love this book a lot more. I think I will be looking into the authors other series Antares and the Zodiac because it looks more like a fantasy world.