closkot

D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Darker Days

Darker Days - Jus Accardo My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!!
**Received ebook from Entangled Publishing for an honest review

Wow, let’s start with the cover because it rocks. I love all the colors and how it is split down the middle like Jessie. Jessie is there confident and thinking she knows everything like a true teenager.

I hated that I couldn’t sit and read this straight through. I would get home from work, check my email, and try to read… and fall asleep. The first couple weeks back to school are rough after the summer off.

This is the first book that I’ve read by Jus Accardo, and I love her writing style. She wrote Jessie’s character perfectly because teenagers tend to act just like that…snarky and think they know everything. I also loved that Jessie looked up to her mom. I loved everything about this book. When I read the blurb, I knew I would like this book. There is so much going on that you get pulled right into Jessie’s life. There were times I was laughing out loud, I did shed some tears (but you have to read it to see where), and I wanted Jessie to win because she is so spunky and doesn’t give up. I love her tenacity and perseverance. I wish this was something that was easily teachable, but it is not. For that reason alone, I definitely will be adding this book to my classroom library. I want girls to realize they can accomplish anything if they try and don’t give up when it gets a little tough.

I highly recommend this to all my YA paranormal book addicts because it is an action packed fun adventure. I can’t wait to see where this series goes because I think it will get even better, and I will definitely be checking out Jus’ other books because I love her writing style.