closkot

D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

The Alchemist's Perfect Instrument

The Alchemist's Perfect Instrument - A.L. Davroe My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 unicorns - I liked it!!

Okay, I bought this book because A.L. is a sweetheart, and I think I had won a giftcard or something in one of her giveways.

The cover is very intriguing and definitely lives up to the steampunk genre, but I don’t know there is anything really to link it directly to the story.

I don’t read too many short stories, and this is my very first in the steampunk genre. I liked it, but it is not my usual type of book. I usually like some good with my evil if that makes sense. It is beautifully written and very descriptive, so you feel like you are there. But I didn’t want to be because the Alchemist is creepy and seems like he escaped from somewhere he shouldn’t have.

I will of course continue to read A.L.’s book because she rocks. If you haven’t been to her website, you should visit. :)

I recommend this story to those people who like the darker stories where bad things do happen.