closkot

D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

Games of Fate: Fate Fire Shifter Dragon Book 1

Games of Fate: Fate Fire Shifter Dragon Book 1 - Kris Austen Radcliffe My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!

I bought this book because I was given the opportunity to review book 2 and wanted to start the series at the beginning. I would read this book first not Prolusio, but this is just my recommendation because I wished I would have read this first. If I have time, I’m going to go back and read Prolusio again, and then move on to Conpulsio and Flux of Skin.

The cover to me is bland to me, but it does reference a few things significant to the book :)

Okay first I think you should know this book is written so you get the full confusion of the main character who has ADHD. It is a bit disorienting, and I was definitely confused in the beginning. So if being confused while reading a story bothers you, you might not want to read this story (it will be your loss though in my opinion).

This book is packed with action and mini stories of several of the characters through the book but imagine how many stories you’d have to tell if you had lived twenty-three centuries. If you don’t remember a century is a hundred years, so twenty-three of them is a really long time to build up stories.

Rysa is a very interesting character, and this is the story of her kind of finding herself against all odds and learning to trust and have confidence in herself. I see students struggle with this all the time, so it is amazing to see if happening in a book.

Ladon and Dragon are a powerhouse team, and I love them both. They are strong, sexy protectors who slowly reveal themselves along the way as to who they really are.

The family drama, secrets, and Burners make for a great story that you never see the turns coming as Kris reveals them. I am really starting to like this series and I hope it continues to grow because I really want to love it :)

I recommend this book to all the paranormal dragon fans who don’t mind the ADHD perspective and a little confusion so you understand the main character.