closkot

Duncan
D.B. Reynolds
Jaguar Fever
Terry Spear

My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 Unicorns - I liked it!!!

The Island - Jen Minkman

The cover is ominous looking, but that’s why you want in a dystopian series.  I look at it and think a shark is going to eat her….lol

I picked up this book for free.  This is a novella about  130 pages.  I liked this book, and see the possibilities for it getting better as a series.  This first book for me was a little slow and some part did bore me, but you have to these parts to understand the world.

It has references to Star Wars which I was a little slow on the uptake especially considering her name was Leia.  She is a very strong character, but also very naïve.  You really see her grow throughout the story. Parts of it reminds me of Lord of the Flies where kids rule.  This is the first time I’ve read a book by Jen Minkman, and I’m continuing on with the rest of the trilogy.  I will let you know how it goes :)

I think someone who enjoys Star Wars mixed with the Lord of the Flies will really enjoy reading this book.